Photo: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: 6/17/2011 //
Below are a number of frequently asked questions that will answer most of the usual queries we receive. Consult this section thoroughly before contacting the consulate.
- Can I use services like HQ Visa, which promise to do everything via mail? No, we do not accept these services. The applicant must appear in person.
- My H1B has expired. Can I attach my H1B approval notice and US visa appointment confirmation to my application to fulfill the requirement for a valid US visa? No, as this document clearly states, ”this is not a valid visa”. You must have renewed your H1B before applying.
- Can you rush my application – I have an upcoming meeting, etc? No, we do not offer rushed processing under any circumstances.
- How can I check the status of my application? You can check the status of your application by logging back in to the UDI Application Portal. Do not call to check your status to avoid clogging the phone lines.
- The booking calendar is full for weeks ahead - what do I do? Make sure you go through the entire registration process, including payment, as the system does not always give correct times when it notifies you of "the earliest appointment available". Normally there is at least a 2 week backlog for appointments.
- I've tried registering on the UDI Application Portal, but have not received the registration confirmation: This problem is rare and may affect some e-mail providers (particularly sbcglobal addresses). Try checking your spam folder, wait a day or two, and/or try using a different e-mail address. Next you may contact UDI support, linked at the bottom of the portal website. After trying these steps you may contact tge consulate.
- I'm with a group - should we schedule separate appointments? Yes, schedule an appointment for each applicant. If you are unable to schedule them all on the same day, e-mail the consulate in question. You may all show up together for the first interview slot you have booked.
- How can I change my interview booking? You can do this online yourself - consult the FAQ on the UDI Application Portal website for directions.
- My travel plans have changed and I've decided to withdraw my application - can I get a refund? Once you have submitted your online application in the system we do not issue refunds.
- Fedex / USPS requires me to put in a shipping date, what do I put down? You may put the shipping date for three days after your interview date. If you are not allowed to pick a different date you may use the date you entered the shipping label. This will not cause any delay to your shipment.
- Will I get exact dates for the visa? Yes, we issue visas based on your travel dates.
- I made a mistake when filling out my form and now I cannot change it - what do I do? No need to notify us before your interview. Please inform the interviewing officer of your desired changes.
Was your question not answered here? Email the consulate in question - no phone enquiries.