Minneapolis - In remembrance of the terrorist attacks in Oslo and Utøya, Norway, Friday July 22, 2011, a memorial service will be held at the Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church (Mindekirken) in Minneapolis on Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
The 2011 terrorist attacks in Norway were two sequential attacks against the government, the civilian population and the Labor Party-administered summer youth camp ArbeidernesUngdomsfylking, AUF. Seventy-seven people were killed and more than 300 were injured. It was the deadliest attack in Norway since World War II. An average of one in four Norwegians knew a victim affected by the attacks, plus many friend and relatives of Norwegian descent throughout the world, and especially in the Midwest.
“Minnesota has nearly 900,000 citizens of Norwegian descent and it is fitting we honor those who perished or were injured last year,” said, Rev. Kristin Sundt, Mindekirken pastor. “The presiding bishop of the Church of Norway, Rev. Helga Haugland Byfuglien said that the July 22, 2011 pain did not have the final word with Norwegians. It brought together the nation and its descendants from around the world in love, peace and understanding. We will continue this fellowship on July 22.”
The church welcomes all Minnesotans to join it in remembering and supporting Norway’s victims, families and friends.
The church welcomes all Minnesotans to join it in remembering and supporting Norway’s victims, families and friends.
The 2011 terrorist attacks in Norway were two sequential attacks against the government, the civilian population and the Labor Party-administered summer youth camp (
“Minnesota has nearly 900,000 citizens of Norwegian descent and it is fitting we honor those who perished or were injured last year,” said, Rev. Kristin Sundt, Mindekirken pastor. “The presiding bishop of the Church of Norway, Rev.