Internationally known, these 48 young women aged 12-20 were the only choir handpicked by Crown Princess of Norway to perform on her CD release in 2008. The Norwegian Girls Choir have won many national choir awards.
“The Rhythms of One World 2012”
The first ever International Choral Festival in NYC
New York City June 24-July 1, 2012
Organized and Hosted By FAF: Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
“Promoting peace through cultural exchange and artistic performance” www.faf.org
The Rhythms of One World 2012
- 8 international choirs celebrate in New York City
- Opening, mass concert, United Nations General Assembly Hall 6/26/12 commemorating the signing of the UN Charter “We the peoples….” (June 26, 1945)
- Individual performances across NYC in consulates and other great venues 6/27-6/29
- Closing, mass concert, Avery Fisher Hall, 6/30/12/ bestowing the first ever FAF Global Citizenship Awards and will also be a fundraiser for the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) formally associated with the UN Department of Public Information.
Youth and adult choirs from all continents will perform, that include works of folklore, contemporary, and national popular choral music. Think: “Glee” Hundreds of voices will perform - Thousands of ears will be listening!
About The Choirs:
- The Appalachian Children’s Chorus: A unique sound complete with an Appalachian string band, 32 singers aged 10 – 18. They are the official children’s chorus & ambassadors of music of West Virginia.
- University of Newcastle Chamber Choir/Australia: Champions of the great Australian sing off, this 33 strong a cappella choir is something to be heard. They’ve released 6 CDs, won the national “Battle of the Choirs” competition and also won 2 gold and 1 silver medal at the World Choir Games.
- County Town Singers/Canada: This 43 strong choir provides an amazing visual element to their performances. They’ve been dubbed “Canada’s Singing Ambassadors.”
- Voices International/Luxembourg: Based in Luxembourg, this choir is truly international and inter-generational in makeup with 32 singers and 6 musicians. This choir performed at the Silver Wedding Anniversary of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg.
- AUI Voices United Choir/Morocco: Extending the voice of the Arab spring in a non-political cross cultural way, these 21 young adults from many diverse countries, aged 18 – 23, bring forth the sounds of Morocco. This choir won France’s International Cannes prize of Water and Young Innovators Award.
- Norwegian Girl’s Choir: Internationally known, these 48 young women aged 12-20 are amazing. They were the only choir handpicked by Crown Princess of Norway to perform on her CD release in 2008 & have won many national choir awards.
- Kearsney College Choir/South Africa: Show stopping, reigning international champions of the world choir contest, this inter-racial choir of 64 strong brings the rhythms and flavors of South Africa alive. They have won 7 Gold medals and 6 Silver medals at the World Choir Games. They are ranked as the top folklore choir out of 3500 groups in the Musica Mundi World Rankings.
- Signal Hill Alumni Chorus/Trinidad & Tobago: Kicking off the 50th anniversary of the Independence of Trinidad and Tobago in 2012, this choir of 23 singers is taking part in this festival to celebrate. They are considered an icon in their country and have performed around the world for dignitaries like Queen Elizabeth and Desmond Tutu.