An application for passport must be filed with the Embassy or a Consulate General, but for general information you may also contact an Honorary Consulate in your state. Please note that the Embassy and Consulates General are closed on some Norwegian and U.S. holidays. See links below for more information. Read more

For issuance or renewal of a Norwegian passport you must submit an application in person at the Norwegian Embassy in Washington DC, or the Consulate General in New York, San Francisco CA, or Houston TX. Read more

Applicants for passport/passport renewal at the Norwegian Consulate General in San Francisco should only consult these instructions, unless otherwise instructed. Read more

If you emigrated from Norway between 1960 and have not since been registered as permanently resident in Norway, you are requested to contact the Norwegian Embassy or your closest Consulate General...