The following requirements must be met, otherwise the applicant will be asked to present a new photograph that satisfies the requirements prior to handing in the application.
The photograph must:
• be sharp, clear and of good quality
• be printed on high resolution, quality photo paper
• be in black & white or color
• be minimum 35-40 mm (approx. 1 1/2 inch) wide. American passport photos 2"x2" are also accepted.
• be no more than 6 months old, and resemble the applicant
• be taken directly from the front, and against a light background
• show the entire head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70-80 % of the photograph
• show the eyes open and in clear view. No hair must cover the eyes. Mouth must be closed.
Glasses are permitted, provided that the eyes are still clearly visible
• The lenses must not be tinted
• The frames must not obscure any part of the eyes
• There must not be any reflection in the lenses
Head-dress for religious reasons is permitted, provided that all facial details are still clearly visible
• Both the chin, forehead and both cheeks must be visible
• The head-dress must not cast any shadows across the face